Dear Gym Club Community, Parents, Family and Friends
We are thrilled to announce the reopening of Vivace Gymnastics Club. As we prepare the gym for our comeback it is vital that everyone plays a part in keeping our members, their families and our staff safe. We are excited about our return.
We must understand the seriousness of the Coronavirus, and all do our best to limit the risks associated with being in an indoor facility. It is important that parents and coaches understand that the priority is to bring our gymnasts back into the sport and keep them healthy, happy and injury free. Every gymnast will be affected differently by the time we’ve had off and a time of adjustment will be required coming out of lockdown.
British Gymnastics and the Government have issued guidelines to assist us in maintaining a healthy and safe environment. As a club we will be following these guidelines. We ask that you assist us wherever possible to reduce the chance of an infection and another closure. We will all have roles and responsibilities, and we ask that you work with us in accepting and managing further possible changes ahead. We wish to remind everyone that no matter how diligent we all are, there will always be some element of risk, so please use your own judgment when deciding to participate.
We have a comprehensive health, safety, and cleaning plan. We will undergo full sanitisation prior to opening. Once open, we will be increasing the frequency of cleaning in all areas of the club, as well as anything that is commonly touched (e.g. door handles and equipment). We, as a club, have made the decision to not enforce face masks, coverings or visors for our staff. If staff wear masks it will be of their own choosing.
Due to Coronavirus restrictions, the following requirements will apply until further notice:
- If you, a child, family members or anyone in your bubble are at all unwell, PLEASE STAY AT HOME.
- All classes will be run on an arrive-train-depart basis
- Gymnasts are required to arrive ready to train. The only belongings we can allow in the gym/changing rooms are a suitable tracksuit or set of clothes to be worn over leotard and taken off when training, a water bottle, gym book, handguards and chalk and their own hand sanitisers. These will not be shared with any other person other than a sibling in some cases. Changing rooms are open but where possible, only bring what is absolutely necessary to your child’s session to avoid these from getting full and over crowded.
- Parents are asked to drop and go. We will ask that all drop offs are at the outside gymnasium door. Parents are allowed in the building at the discretion of the coaching team.
- Gymnasts must provide their own chalk, kept in a container and not shared where possible.
- Listen to staff and coaches, if they ask you to do something, please follow their instructions.
- If your child has been sent home from school and are required to do a Covid test, we need a copy of the test results BEFORE attending the session.
- If you have been contacted by your children’s school and informed to isolate, even if its a siblings school/class, please do not send your child to gymnastics, regardless of their vaccination status. This is the only way to keep the club Covid secure.
- If a parent or someone in your home has been told to isolate, please DO NOT send your child to gymnastics, regardless of their vaccination status. This is the only way to keep the club Covid secure.
- If someone from your household tested positive for Covid-19 regardless of their vaccination status do not send our child to gymnastics.
We will have sanitation stations at the front of the gym and at all pieces of equipment. Everyone will be asked to sanitise or wash their hands before entering the gym and told to do the same as they leave. If at any time any child or adult in the building under our care feels vulnerable and wishes to wash their hands or sanitise. Measures will be taken to ensure they will be able to do this in a timely and prompt way.
There will be a need to review and rewrite policies as we move forward, we ask that you work with us to ensure a smooth reintroduction to the sport we love so much. For more information or if you have any questions please contact
Moving forwards after the governments most recent announcement moving our borough of Bromley from a medium level alert to a high level alert, we need to protect ourselves whilst car sharing. Please can all gymnasts ensure they have a face covering to wear during any car journeys to and from gym sessions.
All coaches will be unable to allow any gymnasts to travel with them if they have not got a face covering on. If you are on the exempt list for a face mask, you must have an appropriate covering such as a face visor as an alternative.
CAN I COME TO CLASS IF MY CHILD HAS BEEN TOLD TO ISOLATE FROM SCHOOL?
If you have been contacted by your children’s school and informed to isolate, even if its a siblings school/class, please do not send your child to gymnastics regardless of vaccination status. This is the only way to keep everyone safe and Covid-19 free. This is part of our covid-19 policy.
WHAT IF THE SITUATION CHANGES?
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will provide regular updates via email and on our website. As this is a fast-moving situation, we may need to make further changes and we will update you if this is the case. If any parent/guardian would like to understand the British Gymnastics Step Forward Plan Guidelines that have helped us to reopen up the club throughout Covid 19 please contact Vivienne.
WILL THE COACHES BE WEARING PPE?
All coaches will have access to all the necessary PPE including facemasks and gloves.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PEAK AND HAVE TO GO INTO LOCKDOWN AGAIN?
Then unfortunately we will have to shut our doors again. But just as this last lockdown, we will be running sessions over zooms, creating activities for our members to ensure they still feel part of our community. This will include both active and creative opportunities. Plus keeping everyone up to date with information as soon as we can and ensure our social media is current. We may even do another Lockdown Routine for our members to take part in! Please see our Instagram to watch our Physical Lockdown Routine.
WILL MY CLASS TIMES CHANGE?
With all the changes that need to be made in the gym environment including allowing time for cleaning plus the introduction of social distancing in the gym environment, this means the same number of gymnasts wont be allowed in the gym. This could mean slight alterations to your times in order to cater for everyone, meaning all members have the same opportunities to train all be it perhaps at a reduced rate at first. We will keep all members up to date with any and all information regarding timetabling and endeavour to do this with enough time to make any necessary arrangements.
WHAT OTHER THINGS ARE YOU DOING TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE?
If you would like a copy of our site specific Covid 19 Risk Assessments please email Vivienne.
More information on coronavirus can be found on the NHS and PHE
- NHS: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Public Health England: www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
We would also like to thank all of our supporting members, parents and guardians who have helped Vivace Gymnastics club through Covid-19 and thank all of our gymnasts/pets who have put a smile on our faces through this difficult time. We look forward to the future for our club, our gymnasts, and our members.
DISCLAIMER: This guidance is for general information only and does not constitute legal advice, nor is it a replacement for such, nor does it replace any Government or PHE advice; nor does it provide any specific commentary or advice on health-related issues. Affected organisations/persons should therefore ensure that they seek independent advice from medical practitioners, or healthcare providers, prior to implementing any return to activity, as required. Independent legal advice should be sought, as required and depending on your, or relevant circumstances. While efforts have been taken to ensure the accuracy of this information at the time of publication, the reader is reminded to check the Government website to obtain the most up-to- date information regarding social distancing and any other Government measures.